How to clean your window blinds
While we understand that there are much better things to do than housekeeping, your blinds will benefit from a regular clean. Children, pets or just general wear and tear can all leave their toll.
To keep your roller or Venetian blinds ship-shape and looking beautiful for years to come, follow these simple tips.
Tips for cleaning your roller blinds
- To maintain your roller blinds, lightly dust the top and body of your blind with a feather duster or soft cloth regularly.
- If any marks do appear on the fabric of the blind, use a damp cloth to gently remove.
- For stubborn marks, use a very mild detergent (such as Lux flakes or Velvet soap) and rub gently on the stain to remove.
Tips for cleaning your Venetian blinds
- To maintain your Venetian blinds, lightly dust the slats with a feather duster or soft cloth regularly.
- Once or twice a year, clean with a Venetian blind cleaner (above).
- If the blind is in a wet or moist area, such as the bathroom or kitchen, you may also need to use a damp cloth to remove any stains. Carefully wipe each slat being careful not to bend.
For tips on how to clean your Zone Cellular Blinds, check out this article for a guide to getting the best out of your product.